BACK TO CAREERS
$150k to $200K depending
Sr. Director or Vice President of Engineering at DGS
$150k to $200K depending
on relevant experience
- Reporting to CTO and working out of DGS Headquarters in Tysons Virginia.
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers and developers producing DGS products while collaborating with VP of product management and implementing and improving company engineering policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that design requirements are met, overseeing the consistency of user experiences and in collaboration with product management help develop budget and schedules for development activities.
- Performs and manages Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to help translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications in collaboration with product management.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Guide in the application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with C-level managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Manage/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works with CTO on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction from CTO toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- IMPACT: Help implement advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product within budget and schedule.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to C-level management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Responsible for developing and recruiting engineering talent.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering, software development as well as data structure and signal processing algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead diverse teams.
- Experience operating domestically and internationally.
- Ability to operate under pressure and with tight deadlines, support field operations, and coordinate the resolution of technical problems within fixed timelines.
- Diverse technical background and experience that can be used to support well rounded system engineering approaches.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience in disciplines like electrical engineering, systems engineering, physics, control, communication, or related areas.
Apply to this job
Please send your name, contact information, and an updated resume.
This form appears on a job listing page.